my accountshopping bag
Shop By Brandnew items


Friday, June 10, 2011

Deeper Than Blue

Image from Wikipedia


Blue is the color of...? Different things to different people.  Serenity. Calm. Sadness.  Why sadness? That emotion has never connected with that color for me.  So I looked it up.  Turns out the association of the color blue with sadness is very old indeed.  From Greek mythology in fact.  Zeus would make rain when he was sad, it was told, and, as blue is often seen as a representation of water, thus the phrase "feeling blue".  Other origins also exist, including an equally compelling account from the nautical world, all of which can be read here.

Nevermind these phrases though, for I do not feel sad when I see the color blue.  Rather, to me, it means true, clear, refreshing purity.  Such crystal-clearness that only peace comes to mind. 

What does blue mean to you?

Shop blue HERE.

No comments:

Madison and Friends Blog

Madison and Friends. All rights reserved. Powered by Modern Retail